Monday, June 22, 2009

French Fashion vs. the Burka


France is considering banning the Burka in public. French president Nicolas Sarkozy says, "[The burka] is not the idea that the French republic has of women's dignity... It will not be welcome on the territory of the French republic." It only makes sense that France, as a leader of global fashion, would be considering laws to make sure all its women dress in ways representative of the state ideals.

And so, while we're making law on how women should dress, I have a few other suggestions for France:

* ban Crocs
* ban Uggs
* ban socks with sandals
* ban panty lines
* ban orange fake tans
* ban muffin tops

1 comment:

  1. Well said! Laughed esp. at orange fake tans since I have been recently obsessed with "Tangelo", founder/crook of Countrywide Mortgage (when you see his pic you'd know why the nickname). Wrt. Muffin Tops: I wish I could BAN it from myself. I like your perspective.

    ReplyDelete